- 1 Whole USA Peking Duck
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 slices ginger
- ½ cup hoisin sauce
- ½ cup soy sauce
- 2 tbsp soy sauce, dark
- 3 pieces anise
- 3 pieces cloves
- ⅛ tsp five spices
- 1 cup water
- In a mixing bowl, mix all the ingredients to make the marinade sauce. Slice garlic and ginger and add together with cloves, star anise and five spices. Mix well.
- Wash and clean the USA Peking Duck very well, removing all guts and organs.
- Place the whole duck into the marinade sauce for few hours; preferably overnight. Flip to the other side after a few hours.
- Preheat the oven at 375F.
- Wrap the wings with foil to prevent the wings from getting burned. Next, bake the duck at 375F for an hour.
- After one hour, remove the foil and change the temperature to 425F and bake for 15-20 minutes until it reaches an internal temperature of 165 and until nice and golden brown.
- Rest for 10 minutes and chop it into pieces.