About this Item
- Kombu is a sea vegetables of the ‘Laminaria’ family of which there are more than ten species.
- Urban Platter Kombu (Laminaria japonica) is a dark greenish brown sea vegetable with thick, wide leafy fronds that grow in the waters off the southeastern coast of Hokkaido, Japan’s northern most island. This type of kombu, known as ‘Ma-konbu’, is prized not only for its abundance of essential minerals, vitamins, and trace elements but also for its natural glutamic salts that make it an excellent flavoring agent.
- As with all sea vegetables, kombu was traditionally valued for its ability to cleanse the blood and help the body eliminate toxins. Kombu is a source of essential minerals, vitamins and important trace elements, including calcium, iron, iodine, vitamins A, B1, B2, C, B6 and niacin.
- Priced for it’s ‘Umame’ flavour, this is surely going to be your to-go Kumbu for all Asian dishes!
- Urban Platter – Simply Good Food! 🙂
There are no reviews yet.